Ps3 Jailbreak Basics
When you do a PS3 jailbreak, it can unlock its potential to enable you to run unofficial applications on your console, although there are a few things to note:
- If you physically modify your console, it can void the warranty. The same happens if you soft-mod it, but if a soft-mod is performed it can easily be reversed and it will be unknown whether it was jailbroken or not (making it impossible to void the warranty).
- Once its jailbroken, you will have the capability to run homebrew applications. You can also copy the game data from disk to your internal (or external) HDD. Which then you can run games without a disc (WE DO NOT RECOMMEND USING THIS FOR PIRATING PURPOSES)
File Last Updated: 10/03/17 for OFW 4.81 to CFW
Before you continue, please acknowledge our disclaimer:
Disclaimer: We are not responsible for the what you use this jailbreak for, by following the steps below you acknowledge what you are doing, and accept full responsibility for any actions you have done.
- USB Memory Stick with a Minimum of 512MB free Storage.
- Your device to be compatible with the device check list.
- Extraction program (7Zip, Winrar).
- Latest ps3 official firmware installed on your device (here).
PS3 Jailbreak Tutorial – Soft Mode
1. This step is mainly to check that your system requirements are good enough to continue. Confirm that your device is on official firmware 4.81 (Settings > System Setting > System Information). If it is not on the latest version please go here to download it before doing the PS3 jailbreak:
Once its on the latest firmware, compare your device serial number against the checklist.
2. Proceed to download our latest jailbreak firmware (by clicking the button below you agree to our terms and conditions):
3. Appropriately organize your folders, using your extraction program, proceed to extract the .rar file.
4. In the root of your USB stick, create a new folder called PS3, and within that create a new folder called UPDATE.
5. Drag and drop the PS3UPDAT.PUP file from the newly extracted folder onto your USB memory stick. Then safely remove your USB stick from your computer.
6. Plug the USB stick into your PS3 device, wait up to 20 seconds until your screen flashes.
7. Once your screen has flashed, proceed to Settings > System Update > Update Via Storage Media.
8. Allow up to 15 minutes for the full installation. Your console may restart several times throughout this process. At the end of the installation your console will automatically turn off.
9. Turn on the PS3, check the system settings to confirm that custom firmware was installed -> If complete: Enjoy 🙂
PS3 Jailbreak Tutorial – E3 Flasher
Please follow THIS tutorial to jailbreak your PS3 using E3 Flasher (Costs Money + Requires Hardware Mod)
We do not encourage pirating content. Please stick within the games terms and conditions when using modded features. Although there is nothing to stop you, we would you like you to make the right choice – Thanks.